Saturday, August 30, 2008

Fantasy Football Fun!!!!

Football season is upon us, and what better way to get ready for the season than to draft for Fantasy Football. I know what you’re probably thinking, “That’s pretty lame dude, what kind of geek plays Fantasy Football?”, well, this guy does and he’s in a league with a bunch of other cool people who frequent a Nine Inch Nails message board. In between downloading My Morning Jacket bootlegs and doing things for school, I’ve been reading up on how to draft, to be competitive. I took place in Fantasy Baseball this season with most of the same people, so I have to bounce back and show I’m not a poser. My team is as follows:

Quarterbacks: Ben Roethlisberger and Matt Hasselbeck
Wide Receivers: Randy Moss, Reggie Wayne, Donald Driver, Bobby Ingram, Derrick Mason, and Ronald Curry
Running Backs: Lendale White, DeAngelo Williams, and Rashard Mendenhall
Tight End: Dallas Clark
Kicker: David Akers
Defense: Jacksonville

Not too shabby if I say so myself. I don’t have much depth at Running Back, but I do have two good Quarterbacks and a nice little Wide Receiving core.

In my opinion, Fantasy Football makes watching the game much more fun. You get to follow players and show more interest in the league opposed to just watching and following one single team. If you guys know me well, you know that I can get crazy during football season and even a tad bit obsessive. Well, this season isn’t going to be different because expectations are high for my beloved Dallas Cowboys. We’re talking possible Super Bowl high.

Yes school is in session and I have been spending an enormous amount of time on the Nine Inch Nails chat room, but football always comes first, no matter what. So sometimes instead of hitting on hot singles in the Nine Inch Nails chat room, or planning my funeral(make sure they play Goin’ to Acapulco by Jim James and Calexico), I’ll be watching football.

I know I haven’t updated this in a while but nothing new has happened. I’m back in school and that’s about it. I can almost guarantee that I’ll update this after October 23rd since Nine Inch Nails are coming and I’ll be sure to review that show, hell, maybe I’ll update it beforehand if anything relevant happens, but yeah, I’m still alive.

No comments: